Wedding Shoe Game - Is It For You?
Raise your shoe if you've heard of the wedding shoe game.... If you aren't familiar with it, it is a popular game that can be played at your wedding reception that will have your guests laughing.
The object of the game is to have someone to ask the couple a series of somewhat personal questions such as who is funnier etc. The couple answers by raising the shoe of the person that they think the question represents. The last question is usually something along the lines of, "who loves the other one the most." Aww...
How you play it by having two chairs placed in front of your guests. You take off each of your shoes and hand one of them to your partner. With your backs to each other the emcee (usually the DJ or an outgoing friend) will ask the questions. You raise the shoe of the person you think the questions represents.
Some tips that will help make the game go smoother...
1. Make sure whomever is the emcee has the questions written out ahead of time.
2. Let the DJ or Band know you are planning on doing the wedding shoe game and have it on your timeline.
3. Have someone's job to grab the chairs so you aren't fumbling around looking for two unoccupied ones.
4. Whomever is doing the questions should not let either of you know what they are so your expressions are authentic.
5. Have more more than 7-10 questions. Any more than that and your guests will get bored.
6. Only do the wedding shoe game if your guests aren't that interested in dancing. It does take about 10 minutes to play.
Some examples of questions you can have asked:
* Who is funnier?
* In the morning, who needs coffee before they are fun to be around?
* Who will get lost before asking for directions?
* Who is more likely to run from a bear?
* Who replaces the toliet paper roll?
* Who's car is cleaner?
* On a deserted island, who is more likely to survive?
Having the wedding shoe game at your wedding reception is a great way for your guests to get to know you as a couple. The more outlandish the questions, the funnier the game becomes.
Photos by Karena Schroeder Photography
For more tips subscribe to our social media pages and newsletter.
Newsletter - email newsletter with helpful tips and advice
Youtube - videos on helpful tips and advice
Facebook - articles on wedding planning
Instagram - tips and inspiration
2 views0 comments