Planning a wedding can be stressful, but one of the most anticipated parts is going for your cake tasting. (that includes for me as well)
Flavor, like color, is a very personal thing that you should do as a couple.
Knowing these tips ahead of time will help make the process just a little bit easier.
1. Most important! Eat a meal prior to going preferably an hour before tasting time. Let's be honest, if you are hungry, everything will taste good. You don't want your hunger to sway your decision.
2. Do your research ahead of time. Come prepared with photos of cakes that you like. You want to make the most of your time with the cake designer. Nothing is more frustrating then being asked what are you looking for and a couples says they don't know.
3. Bring water. Just like when you are switching courses in a formal dinner, drink something (preferably water) to wash out the current taste so it doesn't interfere with the next one.
4. Start with the lighter flavors first and then move towards the heavier ones.
5. Not sure what flavors go good together, ask the expert, the cake designer. They will be able to tell you what ones would compliment each other versus compete with each other.
6. If you know what topper you are going to use, bring it with to show the designer. You want to make sure they take it into consideration when deciding on the top layer.
7. Finally, keep the number of people at the tasting to a minimum, preferably you and your partner. The adage too many cooks in the kitchen absolutely applies here.
Cake tastings are fun so enjoy it! Go to a nice meal together prior and turn it into a date. Happy Tasting!
For more tips subscribe to our social media pages.