Planning a wedding is no easy feat - there are so many details to take care of! And while you may have everything under control, there are still a few things that could go wrong on your big day. To help you avoid any mishaps, we've compiled a list of 5 wedding ceremony mistakes brides should avoid:
1. Not having a backup plan for bad weather. If you're planning an outdoor ceremony, make sure you have a contingency plan in case it rains. Set up a collection of umbrellas or rent a large marquee to protect your guests from the elements.
2. Forgetting to test the sound system. You don't want your vows to be drowned out by feedback from the microphone! Make sure to test the sound system before the ceremony so that everyone can hear clearly.
3. Not cueing the music properly. The music is an important part of setting the mood for your ceremony, so make sure it starts playing at the right moment. Have someone cue the musicians or DJ so that they start playing at the right time.
4. Forgetting to rehearse with your officiant. If you're having someone else officiate your ceremony, make sure to rehearse with them beforehand so that everything runs smoothly on the day of.
5. Leaving your guests stranded after the ceremony. Once the ceremony is over, it's important to make sure your guests know where to go next. Give them clear instructions on where the reception will be taking place or provide transportation if it's not within walking distance.
For more tips subscribe to our social media and newsletter.
Newsletter- email newsletter with helpful tips and advice